DR.PRAKASH REDDY IS SURGICAL GASTROENTEROLOGIST who has conducted many academic programmes. regarding various intra abdominal pathologies,Various Gastrointestinal disorders to different doctor communities at Kurnool,Nandyal,Adoni,Dhone,Gadwal,Wanaparty.He is conscientious, compassionate towards patients and also conducted many free camps to poor and needy in above mentioned places in past these years. He has worked in various hospitals such as MS.Ramaiah Medical college, bangalore, ST.Philomenas hospital, bangalore, kidwai hospital bangalore,KBBH Hospital,Mumbai,SVIMS Tirupati, and regularly attended various academic programs conducted in bangalore during 1998-2002. he worked as a registrar in kbbh hospital bombay from jan 2003- jun 2003.
He has attended any no of national & international conferences.He worked with eminent professors like, Dr.Ganjan Wagholikar MS,Mch,DNB,Dr.Shalin Agarwal, MS,MCH,Dr.Bhalachandran Menon,MS,MCH,Dr.Satyaprakash,MD,DM,& Dr.HV Shivram MS,DNB,Mch, Dr.Srivatsa MS,DNB and Many others.
Upper GI Endoscopy and Associated Procedures
Lower GI Colonoscopy and Associated Procedures
LAP HERNIA REPAIR
LAP BOWEL SURGERIES
Exploratory Laparotomies for peritonitis due to Hollowviscous perforations,Intestinal obstruction because of various causes such as Adhesions,Volvulous,Malignencies,Tb abdomen,Mesenteric vascular ischemia,BluntInjuryAbdomen,Gastric Surgeries such as TotalGastrectomy,Partial Gastrectomy,Small bowel Resection and anastamosis in Various Fashions for various causes.Colon surgeries For Ca colon Which includes Total colectomy or partial colon Resections with end to end anastamosis, end to side anastamosis,AP Resections and Ostomies such as End colostomy,Ileostomy,Loop Ileostomy etc.
Cbd exploration for stones,stricture,malignency,Choledochal cysts
Liver Surgeries for Hydatid cyst disease,Hepatocellular carcinoma,Blunt injury abdomen and various other causes
Pancreatic Surgerise For Ca Pancreas(Whipples Procedure),Chronic Pancreatitis(LPJ),Necrosectomy For Acute Severe Necrotizing Pancreatitis
FAIS (Fellow of Association of Indian Surgeons)-2011:
FMAS (Fellow of Minimal Acess Surgeons of India)-2013:
FICS (Fellow of International college of Surgeons)-2013:
FIAGES (Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal EndoSurgeons)-2014:
Present Post: Consultant SurgicalGastroenterologist, Kurnool
Previous Posts Held
|Aug 98—Aug 99||St’Philomenas Hospital Bangalore||General Surgery||Registrar||12 months|
|Oct ’99– Oct ‘02||MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India.||General Surgery||Senior Resident||36 months|
|Jan 03—July 03||BandraBaba Municiple Hospital Mumbai||General Surgery||Registrar||6 Months|
|Nov 03—Jul 05||Sri Venkateswara institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.||SurgicalGastroenterology||PDCC||20 months|
1 year of Registrar In Surgical Specialities in St’Philomenas Hospital,Banglore.
3 years of postgraduate training in General Surgery along with its allied Specialities
6 Months as Registrar in General Surgery at KBBH Mumbai
20 months as Senior Resident in Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology,SVIMS,Tirupati.
- Assessment of critically ill patients, by Clinical examination and Investigations
- Attending ward rounds with the consultant and ability to prioritise clinical needs and work load
- Peri-opeartive management of patients
- Management of theatre sessions
- Competence in performing Gastro-intestinal Surgical Procedures and various Laparoscopic Procedures
- Competence in independently performing ‘Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopic and colonoscopic procedures’
- Ability and Competence in Managing Surgical Complications and Refer them to tertiary GI-Surgical Centers If necessary
- Ability to establish good working relationship with patients, carers and multidisciplinary colleagues
- Ability to discuss treatment options with patients in a way they understand
- Experience of collecting analyzing and presenting data orally and in writing
- Contribution to teaching and learning of others in the clinical setting and active participation in the Departmental Academic & Research activities